Digital Marketing Resources by
Learn about the best digital marketing, sales, and website design best practices, tactics, and how to’s. We’ve tested it, perfected it, and created these free resources just for you!
Used and loved by world-class teams.
Whether it’s a step-by-step ebook about content marketing or an industry-specific case study detailing how a client increased their sales, we have the tools you need to create and implement a successful digital marketing strategy.
Health Care SEO: The Definitive Guide
How to Build a Full Inbound Conversion Funnel
Expert Content Creation: Crafting the Most Effective Content Ever
SaaS Marketing: The Expert's Guide to Getting Results
Result Driven Marketing
An Executive's Guide
Content Amplification: The Ultimate Free AND Paid Tactics Guide
Consultative Selling: The Sales Process
The Definitive Guide to Retargeting on Facebook
How Fashion Ecommerce Should Do Content Marketing
How to Create Buyer Personas
7 Questions To Ask Healthcare Marketing Agencies You're Vetting
The Ultimate Guide to Effective Sales Enablement
Step by Step Guide to Develop a Winning B2B Content Marketing Strategy for Healthcare
Tools That We Use and Recommend
Below you will find a list of all of the software that we actively use at Uhuru in many of our client engagements and sales/marketing training.
Do you need a simple CRM that you will actually use? We recommend HubSpot. We’ve been using HubSpot for years to track all of our sales activity for both our agency and our clients. It’s simple and user-friendly, which is why we love it and recommend it to anyone who’s looking for a CRM to start with.
Our businesses live and breathe on Google Drive, Docs, Spreadsheets, Drawings, and GMail accounts. We own at least 100+ email accounts for various cold emails and operational purposes across our various businesses. Google freaking rocks—enough said.
People often ask if we use a premium version of Linkedin for the outreach campaigns we run at Uhuru. The answer is yes, we use LinkedIn Sales Navigator. This sales prospecting and lead generation tool gives you advanced search criteria and the ability to do a much higher volume of outreach. To see its power in action, check out this article we wrote on “Social Selling: The Definitive Guide.”
If you have a team, you need to be on Slack. It’s essentially like an old AOL chat room, but with different channels for different topics (and modernized technology, thankfully). Our team lives and communicates on Slack every day. We discuss things business-related, but also fool around and post lots of marketing jokes. Slack is free for quite a while until you need premium features, which makes it a great beginner’s tool.
Jira is powerful and awesome. While we love tools like Asana and Trello, they have their limitations. These tools are great for storing stuff, but not as good for accountability, assigning tasks to others, and tracking to make sure they were done—this is where Jira excels.
Jira is all about accountability and collaboration between team members. If there is a task to be done in our company, it’s in Jira. In fact, we often use the phrase, “If it’s not in Jira, it doesn’t exist.”
Meet our best friend and gatekeeper: LastPass. LastPass is a password vault that automatically fills in passwords and usernames when you open a login page once they’re added. You can add people in your organization to your folder so they will also have access to login information for the company accounts.
Zapier will save you more time than you can ever imagine. An automation tool, Zapier connects your apps and automates your workflow, moving info between over 750 web apps automatically. This lets anyone build integrations with just a few clicks to automate chores around Twitter, HubSpot, MailChimp, Wufoo, and more. If you are doing repetitive tasks, we’re willing to bet that Zapier can automate them.
NeverBounce’s real-time email verification and list-cleaning service is a scalable and reliable platform for reaching real recipients via email that is backed by concierge-level support. This tool provides verification of email lists, reduction of bounce rates, and improved deliverability of emails sent through the marketing and sales teams.
LinkedHub is a technology that automatically sends connection requests and follow-up messages to people who meet certain criteria through your LinkedIn profile.
Top Books & Educational Resources
- How to Win Friends & Influence People | Dale Carnegie
- Influence | Robert Cialdini
- How I Raised Myself From Failure to Success in Selling | Dale Carnegie
- The Ultimate Sales Machine | Chet Holmes
- The Sales Acceleration Formula | Mark Roberge
- Customer Success | Dan Steinman, Lincoln Murphy, and Nick Mehta
- Same Side Selling | Ian Altman and Jack Quarles
- No Excuses! The Power of Self-Discipline | Brian Tracy
- What They Don’t Teach You at Harvard Business School | Mark H. McCormack
- Predictable Prospecting | Mary Lou Tyler
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People | Stephen R. Covey
- Reality in Advertising | Rosser Reeves
- My Life in Advertising and Science Advertising | Claude C. Hopkins
- How to Write a Good Advertisement | Victor O. Schwab
- Confessions of an Advertising Man | David Ogilvy
- Ogilvy on Advertising | David Ogilvy
- How to Think, Speak, and Write More Effectively | Rudolf Flesch
- The One Thing | Gary Kellar and Jay Papasan
- The Way of the SEAL | Mark Divine and Allyson Edelhurtz Machate
- How Champions Think | Dr. Bob Rotella
- Mindset | Carol Dweck
- Man’s Search for Meaning | Viktor E. Frankl
- The Power of Habit | Charles Duhigg
- The Meditations | Marcus Aurelius
- Letters from a Stoic | Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- The Daily Stoic | Ryan Holiday
- Resonate | Nancy Duarte
- All Marketers are Liars | Seth Godin
- Permission Marketing | Seth Godin
- Tribes | Seth Godin
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing | Al Ries and Jack Trout
- Blue Ocean Strategy | W. Chan Kim
- Scrum | Jeff Sutherland and J.J. Sutherland
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team | Patrick Lencioni
- Competitive Strategy | Michael E. Porter
- The Lords of Strategy | Walter Kiechel III
- NLP: The Essential Guide to Neuro-Linguistic Programming | Tom Hoobyar and Tom Dotz with Susan Sanders
- Introducing NLP: Psychological Skills for Understanding and Influencing People | Joseph O’Connor and John Seymour
- Building the Agile Business Through Digital Transformation | Neil Perkin and Peter Abraham
- The Essential Drucker | Peter F. Drucker
- The Advantage | Patrick Lencioni
- No B.S. Ruthless Management of People and Profits | Dan Kennedy
- E-Myth Mastery | Michael E. Gerber
- Lean Six Sigma For Leaders | Jo Dowdall and Martin Brenig-Jones
- The Design of Everyday Things | Don Norman
- Universal Principles of Design | William Lidwell, Kritina Holden, and Jill Butler
- The Art Spirit | Robert Henri
- Don’t Make Me Think, Revisited | Steve Krug