Milne Photography has been an on-going client of Uhuru Network for since 2010. Since then, the small business only does digital marketing and has grown every year.
In this website design case study, you’ll see the changes made over many years.
Over time, continuous improvements are essential to respond to Search Engine and technology changes, like mobile phones.
In 2015, Uhuru Launched the latest version of the photography studio’s website.
- It’s primary objective is to increase traffic, leads, and sales.
- The secondary objective is to offer a simple and mobile-friendly user interface that showcases the studio’s photos.
If you’re interested in seeing the evolution, continue reading this website design case study.
2010 – First Website with Uhuru
Tom Milne, the owner of the studio, first came to Uhuru in 2010 concerned that his website wasn’t working.
It wasn’t generating business, and he thought it might be hurting his online brand. He not only wanted his website fixed, but he wanted to see if social media sites would help business. (These were the early days of social media)
Uhuru performed an audit of his website and online footprint and make suggestions and recommendations on changes that would help him generate more leads from the website.
During our audit in 2010, the first thing we noticed that the bounce rate was incredibly high.
It’s never a good thing if people come and leave without looking at anything. Second, the homepage was HTML that linked to two separate Flash based web sites with different URLs. (A very trendy format for photographers many years ago) This was hurting his site from being indexed by Google and made navigating the websites confusing while offering no reliable analytics. Third, it had no ability to contact or connect with the client. There was no subscribing, email list, social icons, etc to encourage the visitor to connect.
The old MilnePhotography.com website:
Our first order of business was to create a new website that used HTML instead of Flash, included a blog, had the ability to contact and connect with Milne Photography, and was very search and user friendly.
2010 Results: The 6 months prior to launching the new site, the bounce rate was 77%. In the 6 months after the site launch, the bounce rate was 22%, a vast improvement.
MilnePhotography.com version 1:
You no longer had to leave the main site to see his services, all were included under the main domain. We added the ability to share and connect with Tom. Additionally, we created his Facebook and Twitter environments which greatly expanded his ability to reach out to his clients, both current and potential.
All of these improvements led to a much more efficient and useful site. Traffic to the website has increased, and more importantly business generated from the website has increased. As he continues to implement the steps and strategy we set up for him, Tom should continue to see new business coming from his online efforts.
2012 Website Design Upgrade