We have written several posts on the value of blogging:
- Blogging for the Individual
- Blogging for the Small Business
- Blogging for the Large Company
- 5 Truths About Starting a Blog
If you have read the previous posts and still have not started a blog let me quickly give you three reasons why you should start a blog today.
- Blogs are the most effective way to create searchable, shareable content to bring attention to your topic.
- Blogs are the hub of your various social media profiles creating content to be shared on your networks.
- Blogs allow you to showcase your work in a compelling way.
If you do have a blog, it’s important to remember to promote your blog, especially if you currently have low traffic numbers. Promoting your blog should take about the same amount of time as creating each post. Here are some effective and quick ways to promote your blog:
- Write a list of the 20 blogs you respect and email them and introduce yourself and your blog.
- Comment on posts from other blogs. Leave useful and relevant comments, not spam.
- Share your blog content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
If you really want to make your marketing efforts a success… make sure people are reading what you have to share on your blog.
Are you blogging?
You can read the original post for more reasons why you should start blogging or feel free to share your blog in the comments below in the comments.