We recommend leaving comments on other blogs. Great comments drive traffic.
We, and other experts say to all beginning bloggers, if their desire is to increase traffic to their blog, leave your blog and spend 10-15 minutes reading and commenting on other blogs in your topic or area of focus.
If you leave awesome comments, the blogger/ blog creator will figure out who you are and visit your blog to find out what you’re all about.
Comment to build relationships and advance discussions, not to build links. Always build value!
- Meet other bloggers in your niche to learn from
- Learn from their content and be inspired
- Leave a path back to your site for their readers to follow
- Build your own persona in your area of focus – display your knowledge on the subject
- Provide constructive feedback to another blogger
- Increase traffic back to your blog with good comments
- Fast comments FAIL
- Don’t SPAM
- Don’t look like a SPAMMER
- Don’t obsess about your PageRank
- Don’t drag on or leave huge blocks of text
- Comments can hurt your brand if done incorrectly
Blog Commenting Pays Off When You:
- stand out from the crowd
- share an example from your experience
- add to the story or point
- offer arguments that disagree with the article
- show your personality
- use humor
- use helpful links (not keyword enriched SPAM)
The key to your comment success lies in not spamming blogs with meaningless comments. Contribute to the blog post conversation, comment on topic and add value to all blogs you visit.
You don’t need to leave a link in your comment as people will click on your name (which uses the url you leave while commenting) to discover who is the person behind the great comment.
Always remember the rule of thumb when leaving comments on other people’s blogs is – add value.
So please leave an awesome, meaningful comment.